Annual Giving and Donations
Make a donation today! Make as many as you want, as often as you want, for as much as you want. This is the most immediate way you can support your favorite local nature center! All donations are honored with a formal letter of receipt.
If you would like to set up recurring donations on a monthly basis (with a minimum payment of $15), become a sustaining donor by filling out our Sustaining Membership Form [.pdf].
If you would like to make a one-time donation today, please visit our Online Donation Page, or send in your donation check to:
The Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo
PO Box 8295
Pueblo, CO 81008
If you would like to give to a specific event or program, please contact our office at (719) 549-2414 to find out about our upcoming and annual events. If you would like to give $1,000 or more, please see our Legacy Circle section on this page.
Consider ways to double your support to us! Ask if your employer offers a matching gift program, obtain the appropriate form and enclose the completed form with your donation check. We will verify your gift and return the form to your employer who will send the matching gift to us.
Listed are some organizations that will match your gift to the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo:
- The U.S. Bank Foundation matches qualifying contributions of cash and stock made by U.S. Bank employees.
- Keybank offers matching gifts for employee donations to qualifying organizations.
- Century Link Clarke M. Williams Foundation funds a Matching Time Grant Program. Employees who volunteer 40 or more hours in a six month period for a 501(c)(3) organization can earn a $500 grant for that organization. Employees may earn two grants per year.
- In the United Way Campaign, employees can use payroll deduction and designate the nonprofit organization they would like to support, including the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo.
- We are part of Amazon Smile! Are you an Amazon customer? Now you can donate to the Nature and Raptor Center when purchasing online on Amazon.com! Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to the NRCP! To support us, go to Amazon Smile Online and add us as your charitable organization of choice!
- Missed Colorado Gives Day? Its not too late to give! ColoradoGives.org processes donations for the Nature and Raptor Center year-round. Go to our Colorado Gives Page to donate today. ColoradoGives.org is a year-round, online giving website featuring over 1,600 Colorado nonprofit organizations. Made possible by Community First Foundation since 2007, ColoradoGives.org encourages charitable giving by providing comprehensive, objective and up-to-date information about Colorado nonprofits as well as an easy way to support them online. Thank you to all our 2016 donors! Thank you for helping us exceed our goal! We are moved by your support.
- Love to shop online? Check out Givingassistant.org where you have the chance to use your cash back and donate it to the Nature and Raptor Center year-round. Givingassistant.org is a year-round, online shopping website featuring over 2,600 stores to choose from.
If you have stocks that have greatly increased in value over recent years, consider giving in this way while reducing the cost of making a charitable gift or increasing the amount you can afford to give. You can deduct the fair market value of qualified non-cash property and pay no capital gains tax on gifts held for at least one year. Please consult your financial adviser today and email John Gallagher if you are interested.
Pledge a major gift for 5 years and become part of our Legacy Circle. Legacy Circle funds help sustain the mission of the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo. Your tax-deductible contribution each year will help assure that our children grow up with a deep appreciation and understanding of our unique environment. Thanks to the support from our Legacy Circle, in 2016 the Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo:
- had 83,058 visitors
- provided 527 educational programs for 8,719 youth and 5,895 adults
- treated 372 Birds of Prey
- had 16,360 visitors to the Raptor Center
- returned 100 rehabilitated birds to the wild
We have three Legacy Circle levels:
- Falcon level – pledge a donation of $1,000 each year for 5 years. This level supports programs for 10 children and/or rehabilitation for 10 birds of prey per year.
- Osprey level – pledge a donation of $2,500 each year for 5 years. This level supports programs for 25 children and/or rehabilitation for 25 birds of prey per year.
- Eagle level – pledge a donation of $5,000 each year for 5 years. This level supports programs for 50 children and/or rehabilitation for 50 birds of prey per year.
Major financial gifts make it much easier for us to meet our mission. Our board of directors works hard to ensure the programs, facilities and services we provide are available and accessible to all. We challenge individuals to not only personally contribute, but to collectively engage friends, family and their local community in the higher purpose of giving to make their community better. Creating outdoor activity opportunities, facilitating family activities in nature, and encouraging the stewardship of the local environment are all important goals to enable our community to learn and grow.
Please contact our Director John Gallagher at (719) 549-2345 for further information on how to become a corporate sponsor or for further information on endowments. Tax ID Number for NRCP: 74-2269068.
As a nonprofit, program fees and membership cover some, but not all, of the costs of offering hands on education, conservation and stewardship experiences to support our mission. Increasing operational expenses such as program materials, office materials, and promotional costs are making new programs and functions just out of our reach. Support from the corporate sector is vital for improvement and development. Corporate sponsorship can provide the Nature and Raptor Center the boost it needs to keep up our excellent programming.
The Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo will soon be developing an endowment fund. We use multiple revenue sources to fund our daily operations; however it is vital to look to the future for the challenges that lie ahead. A healthy fund will not only support our immediate efforts at achieving our mission, but also ensure an income stream each year. Such donations remain a living legacy and will guarantee the Nature Center will exist and continue to thrive in Pueblo for future decades.